07.10.2012 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
• Every Tuesday, 7:00-8:30pm, in the Raw Space.
• Open to the public, 18+
• $10. per person, CASH ONLY (This is an FSPC event. CSPC discounts do not apply.)
Many people hear the word "yoga" and are immediately put-off by a supposed expectation of inhuman flexibility and Olympian-like fitness. It doesn't have to be that way! Using Viniyoga teaching methodology and adaptations, participants will learn how to get the most out of a posture by adapting it to their own personal level of fitness and flexibility. This class provides warming, strengthening, and stretching postures, as well as breathing techniques, that can be used anytime, including before, during, and after a scene and/or sex. Beneficial to anyone looking to warm, strengthen and stretch their body while cultivating breath awareness and mental focus, Deviant Yoga integrates the physical benefits of yoga with the mental & emotional benefits as well.
• All levels are welcome.
• No prior experience necessary.
• No props are provided. Please bring your own yoga mat, and a blanket or full-sized towel.
• Wear comfortable, street-legal clothing you can move in easily.
*About the Instructor*
Ruin has been teaching dance and movement since the age of 16, when her high school gym instructor realized Ruin knew more about it than he did. She began instructing professionally at the age of 20, and has enjoyed a successful career as an educator since then. A long-time certified dance instructor, Ruin will receive her yoga certification in 2012.