VISIT THE VOLUNTEER CALENDAR to sign up for shifts.
Volunteers are the backbone of the CSPC. None of the events at the CSPC could take place without the commitment of our volunteers.
The Mission of the CSPC Volunteer team is to inspire and assist volunteers to produce experiential events where members can explore their sexual interests in a physically and emotionally safe environment. Our Vision is an energized and enthusiastic Volunteer Team, and an atmosphere in which all members feel that they can contribute to the organization.
The Center for Sex Positive Culture exists because we have members who give their time and energy to make the events happen. Volunteering is the cornerstone of our community culture and the reason why this organization continues to thrive. We are fortunate to have a place like this available to us and it needs people like you to help support its success.
Current CSPC membership is required of all volunteers.
You can help ensure that this resource continues to be available for everyone. By volunteering at the CSPC, you can make a difference at the Center and in the Sex Positive community at large.
As a CSPC Volunteer, you can:
- Meet interesting people
- Learn new skills
- Strengthen your resume
- Contribute to our community
- Help shape the future of the CSPC
- Get in FREE to every event you volunteer, either before or after your shift.
- Earn credit toward Metal Volunteer Status – and get in FREE to most events!
FOR ALL NEW VOLUNTEERS
All new volunteers must attend a Volunteer Orientation. At this orientation, you should learn about the various types of volunteer opportunities at the CSPC, as well as:
- What Volunteer Opportunities are available
- How to get your hours counted for credit
- How to sign up for shifts
- How Metal Status works
- How the shadowing process works
- What to do after orientation
CSPC Volunteer Orientations are usually held on Wednesday nights. Please see our Volunteer Orientations Calendar for details.
LIBRARY VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Join the Library Team! At the Library training (usually held the 3rd Wednesdays of the month), you will learn:
- The process of checking materials in and out of the library
- Shelving and organizing using the Library of Congress system
- How to use the library database to help patrons and find materials
- How to perform Library transactions to sell materials and collect fees and fines
- How to issue public and member Library Cards
- Training on all Library policies, rules, and procedures
Current volunteers can attend Continuing Education classes to stay up to date on policies and procedures, learn about new opportunities and freshen up skills.
Continuing Education classes include:
- Getting the most out of volunteering
- Excellent Customer Service
- Safety Classes
- Diffusing difficult situations
- First Aid Training
- More opportunities for volunteers
ADDITIONAL TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES!
Watch for announcements of special additional trainings and team meetings during the 5th week of each month.